We live in a world where digital transformation, elevated customer experience, and personalized encounters are the norm, resulting in complicated digital ecosystems. To control and profit from that reality, businesses need an enterprise content strategy more than ever.
We have gained our experience from working with large companies that employ numerous teams to produce reams of different types of content spanning the spectrum: product information, sales enablement presentations, technical content, support content for self-service, marketing messaging, personalized recommendations, thought leadership and how-to videos. By recognizing and respecting their specific needs and strengths, we smoothly bring together diverse teams of librarians, technical communicators, and content managers.
For example, we know that an end-user customer journey for technical content differs from that of a marketing customer journey, and just what purpose each serves. We know how to leverage internal teams for an optimized content experience that reflects both. We also acknowledge the power behind controlled vocabularies, allowing us to translate value to any decision-maker, regardless of where their box is situated in the organization chart.
Most of our work is enterprise in nature, meaning we create content strategies for complex organizations. An enterprise-level content strategy considers:
- Disparate technological systems such as:
- Multilayered architectures and technology stacks (CRMs, data lakes)
- Multiple analytics tools
- Componentized Content Management Systems (CCMS)
- Web, headless and hybrid Content Management Systems
- Taxonomy management tools
- Customer data platforms
- End-to-end content lifecycles for different content types
- Cross-channel customer journeys
- Various customer journey models (marketing, technical, B2B, etc.)
- Governance models and tools (editorial standards, federated/centralized governing models, etc.)
- The content itself
- The teams involved with the content creation and maintenance
- The eventual consumption of the content
- Cross-channel data collection and analytics to report back on content performance
We know how to gather requirements from all stakeholders and distill that information into a meaningful strategy that defines actionable, measurable, objectives. We will help you identify a roadmap with specific initiatives that plot out realistic projects for the future. The most important thing about an enterprise effort, is creating a roadmap with achievable and realistic initiatives. We can help you craft one that identifies where to start, sets you up for continual success and scales based upon the resources and setup of your organization.