Schedule a one-day personalization content strategy workshop and by the end of our workshop, you will be ready to develop or adapt your personalization approach and long-term strategy. This workshop breaks down everything you need to know about effectively personalizing your content experiences. Your content, marketing, strategy, and digital teams will walk away with enough knowledge to craft and roll out a successful model. We bring several group exercises that can be adjusted to leverage your content ecosystem and business challenges, with the end result of actionable next steps.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand what type of model is necessary to set up a realistic personalization strategy for your content
- Leverage best-in-class approaches to effectively target and contextualize content for your users regardless of channel or where in their lifecycles they are with your brand.
- Create a roadmap with short-, mid- and long-term goals
- Understand where you can specifically use content for personalization and walk away with the tools to do so.
What might a typical workshop cover?
Part I: Definitions, Key Concepts, Considerations and Case Studies
- An introduction to personalization and key considerations
- What is personalization and what are effective ways to offer up contextual experiences to users – with specific case studies
- Why personalization is critical, and where many organizations have gotten it wrong
- What inputs does a successful personalization strategy possess and what are some examples of models for success
- Considerations for: business goals, target audiences, operations, technology, content, data needs, legal issues and costs
- Building a business case for personalization (we can make it specific for B2B or B2C models)
Part II: Building a personalization content strategy framework
- Gathering the necessary inputs for personalization
- User inputs – personas, segmentation models, user research
- User journeys and cross channel information
- Content inventories and content models / matrices
- Creating a compass from the inputs (group exercise)
- Defining your user tasks and prioritizing them
- Planning for personalization with a roadmap and content plan
- Using the user journey as a primary input
- Understanding the role of taxonomy and metadata
- Mapping existing content and identifying future content required to personalization focus areas (group exercise)
- Understanding the metrics critical to grow your end-users’ personalized experiences
- Revisiting your roadmap to ensure it is realistic
- Considering areas of governance to support personalization