During Explore, we assess the effectiveness of your content. We do this by exploring the three areas that create an established content experience:
Content Delivery—what are the end-to-end mechanisms that create, maintain and publish your content and how effective are these processes? Are there areas with inefficacies, gaps or disconnects that cause content creation and production issues? Do you have issues around localization or content reuse? A compromised content delivery approach will impact the content experience for your users.
Content Experience—how is your final content performing? Do you have great content? Can your consumers engage with it and does it fill your business objectives and needs while meeting those who use and consume the content? Is all of the content you produce worthy of your brand’s promise and mission?
Content Governance—How much control do you have over your content? Do you have processes and tools in place to ensure your content is on brand, able to evolve and consistently offers your users what they need? We help you uncover what you need in your current governance structures—tools, standards and governance models—to stand all content within your organization up for success.
Stakeholder Interview Sessions
- What is it? A facilitated discussion with key people who have a vested interest in your content to uncover various content opportunities; questions are provided in advance.
- Why do we do it? Provides insight on business goals, current-state content ecosystem, including content requirements, gaps and issues, redundancies and future-state opportunities.
- How is it used? To inform the content strategy framework and future-state roadmap; identify short-term and longer term opportunities, and understand different perspectives within the organization on the role and importance of content.
Inventory and Audit
- What is it? A tool that captures content in your current-state and identifies issues, gaps and future-state opportunities.
- Why do we do it? To assess the current volume and scope of your content, while making an assessment of its quality and effectiveness.
- How will we use it? To inform the content strategy framework, recommendations and roadmap; but most importantly, will inform the content model for your future content solutions.
Social Insights Audit
- What is it? An audit of your social ecosystem similarly to the content audit.
- Why are we doing it? Uncover insights about your social target, brand, category, competitive set, influencers and campaigns.
- How will it be used? To inform the content strategy framework and future-state roadmap as well as social recommendations overall; identify short-term and longer term opportunities.
- What is it? An audit of your competitive landscape that shows which content competitors’ leverage and how effectively they are in doing so.
- Why are we doing it? Uncover weaknesses and strengths of your competitive landscape to identify opportunities for your own content’s success.
- How will it be used? To inform areas that you should focus on for future content decisions and planning.