During Plan, our work from Explore helps us to paint a clear picture of where you need to go. Whether for a single channel—your website—or a more comprehensive focus, we create a content plan, roadmap and strategic framework to identify the efforts necessary to enable effective content.
Key Deliverables and Activities
Content Strategy Framework
- What is it? A recommendation for your future content solutions with specific guidance for content experience, content delivery and governance. We set the business objectives for the content including goals, objectives, user targets, user needs, and content priorities. The framework concludes with a roadmap with short-, mid-, and long-term goals, identifying specific projects to support each time frame.
- Why do we do it? To create a strategic framework that will stand all of your content up for success, including content for omnichannel, componentized solutions, personalization and internal audiences.
- How will we use it? During that phase, we draw from the framework, which provides the guidance and principles to design specific content solutions. You can also use it to inform any and all content decisions in the future.
- What is it? A model that represents your users and targeted audiences, both from a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Why are we doing it? To empower you to understand specifically who your audiences are and how they behave, so that you can make informed decisions on how to best meet their content needs.
- How will it be used? It provides a model with which to make decisions for future-state content priorities and to inform recommendations around personalization as well as what types of content are most valuable and useful for consumers.
Personalization and/or Omnichannel Strategy
- What is it? A strategic framework specific to personalization and omnichannel for your short-, mid- and long-term needs.
- Why are we doing it? It sets up the content you personalize for success by creating a performance-based, user-centric framework.
- How will it be used? It provides the framework and approach for personalization and omnichannel, to inform all future decisions around these areas including planning, roll-out, and measurement of optimization of these solutions.
Content Migration Strategy
- What is it? For solutions that require the migration of existing content to a new system, such as a content management system, we develop a content migration strategy that helps you plan for what content to migrate as is, what to migrate but after review, and what not to migrate at all. We come up with a framework to help you figure out whether the content should be migrated manually or through automated approaches.
- Why are we doing it? It sets the framework for the content migration plan so that your existing content will be successfully migrated and accounted for within a new solution.
- How will it be used? It provides guidance for your technology and content teams on what content to migrate and the best approach to do so.
Content Requirements & Scope
- What is it? It captures your content requirements for content delivery, content experience and governance. It creates scope for any specific projects and plan to move the projects into the Organize phase.
- Why are we doing it? To understand specific functional and business requirements for content and to create a plan that is realistic, so you can plan for resources, budgets and timing of projects.
- How will it be used? It informs the blueprint for any specific projects and associated priorities.